When I started to plan my sons first birthday party I remember thinking that airplanes would be fun. The only thing is there isn’t a lot of airplane type products at party city. So once we decided it would be vintage airplanes we knew we would have to create a lot of items ourselves. The first thing I did was purchase this printable vintage airplane set from etsy seller Dimpleprints. One thing though, be prepared to spend money on ink, for the larger prints I had them printed through a print lab.
We were featured by Dimpleprints
This was his invitation.
From the top left:
- Chocolate covered marshmallows, I used paper straws that I bought at amazon here.
- Cake topper: I created the cake topper by following these instructions found here.
- Lollipops can be purchased here.
- Cake Push up Pops
- Cracker jacks can be purchased here.
- Cloud sugar cookies, cookie cutter can be purchased here.
We packed sandwich’s in clear take out containers and wrapped them in food safe wrapping paper.
- Airplane Crayons by etsy seller 123polkadotty.
- Airplane models purchased here.
- Gable boxes where purchased from Box and Wrap and decorated with travel stickers from etsy seller shopkstudio
- I bought the pinata from here but i had to deconstruct and reconstruct it to look like a biplane and to match the colors of the party. What I did to make a biplane is added two toliet paper rolls to the side and a piece of cardboard on top. Then I took crepe streamers and recovered the entire plane.
- Jr pilot wings were purchased off of ebay.
Photo Booth- We set up a point and shoot camera to take photos for our guests. Then we printed them out on the Pogo printer here
- We purchased the plane from Kmart
- Printed all the props from the following sites for free. Here and Here